According to a survey by BMW Group Canada, more Canadians are considering buying electric vehicles (EVs) due to the skyrocketing gas prices. The study was conducted to evaluate the interest and knowledge regarding EVs among Canada’s customers.
Notably, as gas prices are increasing at a significant rate in the country this year, crossing $2 per liter in June, around four out of five Canadians are worried about the expenses of their gas-powered automobiles. As a matter of fact, 25% are already thinking of purchasing an EV within the next two years.
The survey also found that Canadian men and women might be divided with respect to their knowledge about EVs and their apparent roles in purchasing a new vehicle. Some of the key survey findings are:
- 79% of Canadians are anxious about the operating costs of their internal combustion engine.
- 25% of Canadians are looking forward to purchasing EVs in the next two years.
- Around 66% of men are the primary decision maker for purchasing a new vehicle, as compared to 47% of women.
- 75% of men think they have a better understanding of EV technology as compared to 50% of women.
- 79% of women believe that helping the environment is a crucial factor when thinking of buying an EV, compared to 65% of men.
BMW Group Canada is reportedly working to push the electric mobility conversation. It is also working on increasing acceptance and understanding of electrification beyond the conventional automotive space, especially among women.
The brand is planning to accomplish this by collaborating with personalities that inform, reach, and resonate more with female audiences.
BMW Canada’s Brand Ambassador, Sasha Exeter, entrepreneur, Canadian brand marketer, and content creator, apparently uses her social media channels to inform her audience about the benefits of driving a hybrid EV.
Sources report that BMW has collaborated with the Co-founder and CEO of Clearco, entrepreneur, and ‘Dragons’ Den’ actress Michele Romanow, to educate Canadian citizens about the efforts put in by the Group to promote sustainability.